View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 11:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

RSD can be odd and it is not the same in every person...but it honestly doesn't seem like RSD to me. The burning pain is just one symptom and one in each of 4 categories for an official RSD diagnosis usually and it doesn't seem like you have the other things.

Maybe fibromyalgia? I've heard that described as a burning pain that tends to be more wide spread from the beginning vs RSD which doesn't ("usually") spread that fast. I'm not a doctor or anything though. I don't know much about TOS...but was there a specific reason they think it is that or are they just guessing? There are lots of things out there that I don't know about...never would have even heard of RSD until FINALLY a doctor diagnosed it after being bounced around by several docs. If you don't trust what the docs are telling you then it is probably a good idea to see someone else about a second opinion.

So very sorry to hear about what you are going through. There really is nothing worse then having something wrong and not knowing what it is. At one point I remember thinking I didn't care WHAT was wrong with me...even if it was really BAD...I just wanted to know what the heck it was so I could start treatment and just move forward with my life.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote