View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 05:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi my name is Cass. I have recently been diagnosed with 3 aneurysms (6/11/11). There is 2 in the right posterior commnicating artery (PCommA), 7mm n 2mm and 1 in the left PCA, 3mm. I spent a few days in hospital after having a type optical seizure, my 3rd in 2 weeks.
I have since suffered depression, anxeity, panic attacks. I cant drive or visit a shopping centre as I become fatigued, confused, i start shaking, my temperature rises. I am off to see my neurosurgeon in Jan 2012 to discuss my options. Ive had to give up work as it was a very physical job and I am very scared.
I am 46 i have 1 adult child and a littlen of 11y.o. I have been given little information and i have since visited my GP who has been a great help (she hurried me to hospital after discribing my "seizures".) I have also researched as much as i could to find out about my condition.
It has been wonderful to find this site and being able to read others stories and to know i am not alone. The thing i hate most is the amount of codeine i am taking as normal painkillers do nothing for the constant headache. Some days i want to curl p n die it becomes so draining. My partner has been a great wealth of support and now wears my apron. But I miss being able to walk long distances and play sport and attend zumba classes and I feel right now like my life is wasting away.
How can anyone live like this... all words of advise are always welcome but no one I know has suffered anything like this. My best friend is going thru cancer and tries to console me, but she is still active and can think straight and doesnt get confused and the list goes on.
I am in Australia and I was diagnosed just as everyone closed down for the xmas break. My question is this.. If I cant cope with trips out and can only feel comfortable and safe at home... how do i live?
cass3765 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote