View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 03:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Exclamation What procedures should I have done to figure out if I have MS?

As the title says, what procedures should I have done to figure out if I have MS? The only ones I can think of are an MRI and a lumbar puncture, I'm willing to do an MRI but I'm afraid of getting a lumbar puncture because I'm VERY sensitive to pain, I'm even afraid of getting regular shots because of the pain! Will it hurt if I take a pain medication beforehand? What are the risks? Also my parents don't want me to get it done, but if it is absolutely needed to diagnose me, I'm pretty sure I can convince them. Anyways, here are my symptoms: fatigue, lightheadedness, dizziness, trouble solving problems, lack of concentration, numbness in my pinky finger and about half of my ring finger (right hand), double vision, sudden losses of balance, lack of coordination, memory loss, sudden onsets of shaking, difficulty making decisions (poor judgement), difficulty finding right words, I don't know what to call this symptom but its when I'm trying to say a word but I say something else and I'm like "Oops, I didn't mean to say that!". And I get sick with the flu every year, and each year my fever that I usually get with sickness gets even worse. The worst temperature I've ever had was a 102.9. My right hand will "freeze up" and I won't be able to move it. I also have knee pain.

My dad has MS, just in case that fact helps.
MissChainChomp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote