View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 06:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfri1003 View Post
Thank you for your reply. I am still trying to "wrap my head" around this diagnosis. The extreme burning of my toes are new, only a month or two. Actually most of the significant changes are post car accident. Swelling of my hands and fingers, color changes of my hands and feet from red to blue. My entire hands and my feet even going up the back of my foot towards my shin. The swelling makes it difficult to wear my wedding and engagement rings. I also have very achy joints and not sure if that it part of RSD or just OA. Could also be a combination. I have been going to PT, but I am not sure they are well versed in RSD. I may have to look elsewhere. I actually think I have TOS since my left shoulder and area by the first rib is tight with limited ROM. Why do you go to a neurologist? I thought this condition was vascular in nature. It was a vascular surgeon who diagnosed me but felt it was more due to the exclusion of other situations. Not sure who to go to at this point. I still go to the OSS to have a recheck on my neck and back. They do have a pain management within their office, so I may talk to them. The burning feet make it tough to walk at times. The rest of the physical symptoms I can handle. I just want to keep this at stage 1 and not progress.
Thanks for listening and letting me ramble.
HI frenchfri1003,

I myself don't have any experience with spinal issues but I do have RSD and my husband did have 3 spine surgeries, 2 lumbar and 1 cervical. His story is opposite of yours, he was rear ended first, then the surgeries started.

Both of us are past patients at the Hosptial for Special Surgery, he had the last 2 spine surgeries there with success,except he had some issues after the cervical unrelated to the surgery he had a reaction to one of the meds. they still don't know what it was. And myself had 7 surgeries for a serious arm injury and worked with there pain dept. for the RSD with Dr. Richman for 7 years and then Dr. Gungor for 1. They have also just unoffically opened what is being called "The Center for Braxical Plexus and Nerve Trauma Center", it offically opens spring 2012 but from what I here are seeing patients already.

The only reason I don't go into HSS for PM any more is because I live on the border of NJ and NY State and the commute is a nightmare. After traveling in for 8 years I just needed a break. My RSD is under control after 3 - 5 day inpatient ketamine procedures plus many other procedures and only need maintenance on occassion so now I see a doctor they recommended in NJ closer to my home.

Hospital for Special Surgery is a great facility but LIJ is also great from what I have heard. I truly wish you the best and hope this information is helpful.

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote