View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 11:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Not necessarily stress about unruptured cerebral aneurysms

Hi Kyrie,
My name is Mike, and I'm a neurosurgery physician assistant. It sounds like your aneurysm is small (if it was misdiagnosed on imaging) and therefore probably best watched/monitored. I hope you don't smoke or have hypertension, because those are the two biggest risk factors for hemorrhage. Also if you have a rare condition called familiar polycystic kidney disease, you would have to be hyper-aware of cerebral aneurysms. Remember, most people with aneurysms die with them... unruptured. What I mean is, aneurysms are not the cause of death; cancer, diabetes, heart disease etc. are the real killers.

What may eat u up psychologically is thinking you have a "ticking time bomb" in your head. Since your post describes a lot of anxiety and stress, I highly recommend reading up "nonruptured" or "unruptured" aneurysms. Treatment varies by location. In general, and this is only "in general," an middle cerebral artery aneurysm is treated with craniotomy, and a basilar tiip aneurysm is treated by endovascular coiling. ** Best of luck.
Mike

Quote:
Hello my name is Kyrie and recently I have found out that I have a brain aneurysm. I'm 23 years old and I live in Nebraska. I was in the military from May 2006-January 2011. I believe I have had this for 3 years. The medical doctors at my base misdiagnosed an MRI that I had in 2008. I've been having horrible migraines ever since 2008. I have a 3 year old son and I'm a stay at home mom. I'm working on going to college to do medical transcriptioning so that I can work from home. I'm scared and worried about what will happen. I've been told to look for signs of a stroke and I'm just worried. I have PTSD, Depression, Anxiety, Panic attack disorder, Fibromyalgia, and 2 herniated disks. I do have a lot of stress on me and all of the PTSD, Depression, Anxiety, and Panic Attack Disorder is from an ex-husband who was physically, mentally, and emotionally abusive...I'm trying to cope with all of the stress that is going on in my life. From everything...I'm afraid of confrontation, and afraid of arguing or yelling for fear that I might go into a panic attack. I'm afraid of doing strenuous things for fear something might happen to me....I'm looking for people to talk to who have going through this before...I need support. Thank you.

Last edited by Chemar; 12-26-2011 at 11:51 AM. Reason: NT guidelines
adult_aq_stenosis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (12-27-2011)