View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Dear Cblaylock

You are not alone. There are many people who have undiagnosed conditions. The doctors tell them it is all in their heads. We are a mind body connection, and when something is messed up with ourselves, we know it instinctively. Even if every test came back normal, that does not mean there isn't something going on. I knew I was sick before the doctors ever made a diagnosis on me. Several times over in fact. It took me 6 years of complaining about not being able to swallow before they actually did some investigating, and found out yes, I had a big problem.
Now what to do you wonder.? First don't give up. My real dianosis came from Mayo clinic, where I went after about 10 doctors didn't know what was happening to me. They are the leading diagnostic center. You might want to consider a referal from your PCP to that clinic. There are two, MN and Fl.
My condition didn't have many options and I got into a trial study for auto immune problems, where my problems were found. I do believe they can find just about anything at these clinics. You may have symptoms that will show up later in testing. I know all of what you are going though is very difficult, and you start to question your own sanity. Try to be at peace, and move forward in your investigaion on your own also. Start by accessing a medical research facility. Columbia University medical center, in Columbia Mo. has an outstanding library for research. You may be able to access this on line. Investigate every symptom you have, document all your tests so far, and keep an accurate journal of everything you experience. The more you gather the facts in writing, the better the doctors will have something to go on. In other words keep all your medical records. If you choose to go to mayo clinic as I did, you present them with the entire history of what has happened to you.
When my symptoms happened I drove myself to the ER room. I knew something was happening to me as I lay there waiting for a doctor. I felt weird, and my scalp was tingling, and I had the chills. 8 weeks later all my hair dropped out in clumps. My first auto immune disease appeared just like that, after the ER could find nothing wrong. So I believe you, and hope that you will continue until you find out what is wrong. I am here if ever you need to talk, vent, or let me and neuro talk try to help. I hope others will chime in to help you along.
I do so hope your new year will bring a resolution to what ever is going on with you. My thoughts and prayers are with you. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote