View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 02:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Cblaylock,

Welcome to the forum! A person can have a clean MRI, EEG and other tests and still have epilepsy in some cases. Often times brain damage is to deep in a persons brain and the tests won't show it so a person might have to have a video e.e.g. (veeg) in the form of surgery where they drill holes in a person head a put a few depth electrodes on the brain and you are on camera around the clock while in the hospital. You might have to have that done. I started having migraine headaches when I was a kid and a yr. or two later they led into epileptic seizures. I have absence (petit mail) complex partial, and simple partial seizures. I had surgery done twice to help reduce my seizures. I took both topamax and depakote yrs. ago. topamax increased my seizures like crazy and Depakote worked great but my body became immune to the drug I was on it for so many yrs. The Depakote is known to cause anorexia where a person can either gain or lose weight. I lost 75 lbs. in 4 months while on the drug. Dizziness, depression, and memory loss are all part of epilepsy. My best advice to you is to go to an Epilepsy Center which are usually a university or large hospitals. Have your family Dr. refer you to an Epileptologist instead of a neuro. an Epileptologist deals directly with epilepsy and knows much more about it than any neuro I've ever seen and I've had epilepsy for 39 yrs. Instead of seeing a physicatrist you should see a neuro physciatrists these Drs. are trained in both fields and can study your brain much better than a physciatrist alone can. Start taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day, stay away from anything with nutra sweet in it because this can fire up the neurons in the brain and trigger seizures. From what you have mentioned it sounds like you may be having possible aura (simple partial) seizures that are coming from the opptical lobe of your brain. Ask others around you if they notice a daydream look on your face, if you smack your lips, and wander around not realizing what you are doing while possibly having a seizure. If I may ask do you feel tired or confused after a possible seizure? If you or anyone notices this then you are having a certain type of seizure and it should be looked into with more detail with an Epileptologist. Here's wishing You Well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Last edited by Porkette; 12-26-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (12-26-2011)