View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 03:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

You can only pray??? You said you were in the Los Angeles area. Give Joyce Wilkinson PT in Santa Monica a try even if you have already tried other PTs. Takes me 45 mins to get there and almost the same to get back, but it is sooooooo worth it.

In a typical session she will:
1. listen to your symptoms and complaints
2. evaluate your posture and tension
3. perform hands on therapy that makes genuine changes in your body
4. prescribe stretches and exercises to do at home to improve your condition

#3 is where she really shines although she must be very good at #2 in order for #3 to work.

The contact info for the place is the web site pogsonpt.com.

After my first session, I walked out breathing easier into my left lung. I didn't even know it was restricted!

In another session, my left neck had been hurting. She determined it was fighting against tension in my right upper trap and spent all her time on that, never touching the left neck. And she was right. The left neck pain went away.

The conservative (e.g., non-surgical route) is a long one, but along the way you learn more about your body and how to fix it. In addition to Joyce, I recommend looking into books by Joseph Weisberg, Pete Egoscue, Peggy Brill and Craig Williamson. The books help and they are very interesting, although alone they are not sufficient. For those of us with serious problems, there is no substitute to having an expert observe and evaluate our individual problems.
chroma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
olecyn (02-09-2012)