View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 04:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused How do I live with an aneurysm?

Hi my name is Cass. I have recently been diagnosed with 3 aneurysms (6/12/11). There is 1 in the right PCommA, 7mm, 2mm in thr right PCA and 1 in the left PCommA, 3mm. I spent a few days in hospital after having a type optical seizure that sent my right side tingly n numb in parts especially my face, my 3rd in 2 weeks.
I have since suffered depression, anxeity, panic attacks. I cant drive or visit a shopping centre as I become fatigued, confused, i start shaking, my temperature rises. I am off to see my neurosurgeon in Jan 2012 to discuss my options. Ive had to give up work as it was a very physical job and I am very scared.
I am 46 i have 1 adult child and a littlen of 11y.o. I have been given little information and i have since visited my GP who has been a great help (she hurried me to hospital after discribing my "seizures".) I have also researched as much as i could to find out about my condition.
It has been wonderful to find this site and being able to read others stories and to know i am not alone. The thing i hate most is the amount of codeine i am taking as normal painkillers do nothing for the constant headache. Some days i want to curl p n die it becomes so draining. My partner has been a great wealth of support and now wears my apron. But I miss being able to walk long distances and play sport and attend zumba classes and I feel right now like my life is wasting away.
I am in Australia and I was diagnosed just as everyone closed down for the xmas break. My question is this.. If I cant cope with trips out and can only feel comfortable and safe at home... how do i live, what kind of exercise can I do, how do I make the headaches stop without copious amounts od codeine each day?
cass3765 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote