View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 08:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, one big problem is living in Nebraska. Where is the aneurysm located? I had a fusiform aneurysm in my Basilar artery and a second one right above it near the Circle of (whatchoo talking about) Willis. The first one was treated with a stent through vascular surgery. (going in through the femoral artery in my thigh and snaking up to it.) When the second was discovered they went in, did a flow reversal, and set a clip. (craniotomy)

I went to the Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix. I was told the best place for brain injuries. (I asked "getting them or fixing them?") Here are some very good texts, quick reads and written for the non science major. (Microbiology undergrad for me)

"Brain Aneurysm" by Robert Spetzler. (one of the best neurosurgeons in the world and they guy who had his hands in my head.) Go look at the group at bnaneuro.net) and "Brain Aneurysms and Vascular Malformations, a Guide for Patients and families." by Dr. Eric Nussbaum.

You should also visit Brain Injury Association of America (biausa.org) and check out some of their resources. The local chapter for Nebraska is http://www.biane.org I cannot stress enough the support and resources these organizations offer. Check this stuff out and check in here. Mine are still growing despite being stented and clipped. They are monitoring them and I am still active. (Nationally ranked wheelchair fencer) How do you fence with a wheelchair? Shouldn't you use a sword? That's another story that would eat up all your bandwidth. I tell people to not make me angry because I have an exploding head and I'm not afraid to use it. (Ha, a brand new audience for my corny jokes)
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (12-27-2011)