View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 08:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi all- new in town here!
I have these patches now thanks to finally being seen by a PM team. I originally had a Barrett's Procedure (MCL reconstruction in a complex way) on my left knee in Feb 2010. As it took quite a while to get to the bottom of my knee condition (1 year in total and 18 months after the original accident and me procrastinating on it) i was standing incorrectly to ease the pressure.
Long story short it has caused some nerve damage in the lower left lumbar region. I have a wonderful PM consultant now who has give me 'nerve' meds to try and he's actually give me the patches for the hypersensitivity left behind by my op. I have a random patch of numbness that has a fault line over the shin bone. It's like electricity to run your finger over it. As a performer i was struggling with little things like trying to do quick changes as fabric brushing over it would make me jump.
I have only been on a week and i feel like they are helping some to dull the 'the fault line'. The hope is that after a few months it will deaden it.

My question is- do they only come in a 5% strength and if so can i put two full patches on to cover a larger area? I also see some of you are using them for pain relief on your spine- if i have one on my leg, can i have one on my spine also for when the pills aren't enough?
Thank you all in advance!
performer84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote