View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 10:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Headstrong,

I am sorry that you are suffering with awful headaches. I have them also, and I also am very sensitive to medicines.

What I have found to be the most helpful for me has been acupuncture and Chinese herbs. But you have to find an experienced acupuncturist who is willing to listen to you and revise his treatments according to your results.

And it takes time for it to work, but it is the only thing that is helping me. I still get headaches, but they are more manageable. Before seeing this acupuncturist, I was getting week-long migraines.

At first I went to see him twice a week, and now I am seeing him once a week. I hope to get to a point soon where I will be able to go every other week.

The other thing is that I do have medicine for when I get headaches. I cannot take the preventative medicines. The neurologist tried me on so many and they all made me sicker than I was before.

What helps me if I am getting a headache is Fioricet. But you are not supposed to take it every day. If you want to try it, read about it first.... It is a lifesaver for me, because nothing agrees with me.

You also can find a lot online about migraines. There are many good books with advice about migraines. I can't think of the names now, but you can do a search on Amazon and I am sure that you will find many current books.

Another thing that has helped me is mindfulness meditation or learning to relax.

Also, you will gradually find that there may be many triggers for your headaches, and you will get to know some of them.

I am really tired, but I did want to respond to your post. I hope that you find something that helps you.

ShellyK
ShellyK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote