Thread: the rash
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 03:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOAN_M View Post
thanks for all the info, my rsd was from hip replacement surgery 10 years ago. it was lower left foot, then leg, then right foot ... and i have either reynaud's in my hands or rsd ... who knows??? no on can tell right now. and nothing is fixable so what the heck! my hands get red and itch under the skin until it hurts if they get cold and they do get cold .... but do not swell.
the rash however is neck and upper chest as if i had on a scoop neck shirt, that area ... but my rsd has effected my bp and heart rate and i am on meds for that so it could be related to that.

Hello,I am a very rashy person for the most part too. Lots of times it is actually the meds which are causing many of our extra problems, so it is a unfortunately a case of being " caught between a rock and a hard place " Many meds that are used for BP and heart rate issues are Beta blockers and they do tend to make you rashy as they dilate the peripheral blood supply.
Many of our meds make us sensitive to sunlight too, I know that 1 minute in the sun will give me a bright red rash on exposed skin for a couple of weeks.
I find that a very gentle steroid cream helps my rash when it is extreme but it is different for everyone. I think that having a consult with a dermatologist was good for me as it reassured me there was nothing too serious going on but just another byproduct of this puzzling condition?
tayla4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote