View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 11:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Gee, I should wait a few days after flu recovery to reply to anything here; I was rather harsh. I learned on Saturday that certain intestine bugs can result in your meds not fully working; whatever it is blocks medicine absorption so you are in limbo all day long. Not fun.

I do think Doctors mean well in their skepticism, but one key benefit they fail to mention when looking at vascular treatment is that the surgery, though maybe much more risky than DBS, is likely permanent. We know that DBS is not. This again tells me we have different types of PD with different causes and different prognoses and treatments. Why doesn't anyone ever talk about these things that need to be acknowledged and perhaps changed? We have some pretty wealthy people with PD, looking at MS patient involvement is inspiring, why can't we get financial backing and someone to design an alternative think tank research and alternative treatment center(s)? Instead, we end up with celebrities opening up the same old same old ubiquitous foundation.

Laua
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Floridagal (12-27-2011), RLSmi (12-28-2011)