View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 01:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie99 View Post
Numbness is such an eerie feeling. My Gp believes that antiinflammatories help numbness. She participated in a pain study and they concluded that panadol osteo is a low level anti-inflammatory. She said I should take this because my nerve endings are inflamed and causing numbness. Can anyone tell me what they do, and anyway to help with numbness?
Thank you

Ps. I sort of had a feeling that panadol does not help with numbness.
I was recently diagnosed with Peripheral Ployneurophy in hands and feet, the result of a double dose of H1N1 vaccine given in error. It took 23 months to find the diagnosis and the numbness you describe is still evident in my feet. In response to the prescribed treatment of a regulated regimen of Prednisone, and the inclusion of an ATP booster D-Ribose, my hands are much better.
Now,the improvement could also be attributed to the length of time involved in the process of healing nerve damage, ( 2mm per week). Prednisone, used in this fashion is a very powerful anti-inflammatory. Healing is expedited when inflammation is reduced. Slow, steady improvement is taking place. I have done much research into the mitochondria and the effects of a polysaccharide booster such as D-Ribose, and will continue it's use but adding Alpha Lipoic Acid to the mix. The combination hopefully will speed up the healing in my feet. I hope this has been helpful.
Terry Mooney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
adelina (12-27-2011), MarcS (12-27-2011)