View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 02:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was off work completely for 6-7 months after my injury. I went back part time in August with restricted hours and in a setting with reduced workload. The reduced workload is now no longer feasible, and my doctor isn't extending the number of hours I can work.

During this time I've been collecting private short term disability. I'm coming up on the one-year anniversary of both my injury and my short-term disability claim. My private short term disability benefit will run out then.

I have a neuropsych evaluation in a couple of weeks that should give a clearer picture of my cognitive abilities. Based on what that shows, I'll decide whether complete & permanent disability is appropriate or not.

In any case, I don't THINK it can hurt to work on applying for SSDI until I meet with the neuropsych, right?

I just find myself in this kind of no-man's-land right now with several ways to go forward. Not sure which one is the best.

Was experiencing:
Persistent headaches, fatigue, slowed cognitive functions, depression
Symptoms exacerbated by being in a crowd, watching TV, driving, other miscellaneous stress & sensory overload
Sciatica/piriformis syndrome with numbness & loss of reflex

Largely recovered after participating in Nedley Depression Recovery Program March 2012:

Eowyn Rides Again: My Journey Back from Concussion

Eowyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote