View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 03:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Jim Edwards, investigative reporter, fired

Journalism and Pharma - the best reporter just got fired.

A number of times, here at Neurotalk, I have quoted from Jim Edwards, author of the Placebo Effect blog on BNET, a CBS interactive company. He came up with an endless stream of insider stories about Big Pharma, good and bad. An excellent investigative reporter, fearless and balanced. Well, he built up a following of several hundred thousand readers – and the fired him and shut down the Placebo Effect blog.
Jim says good-bye:
Eagle-eyed BNET.com readers will have noticed that Placebo Effect, my blog about pharmaceutical news, has not been updated recently. CBS Interactive has decided to discontinue my coverage of the drug industry.
It’s a shame for me personally because Placebo Effect had a monthly readership in the hundreds of thousands, and I broke some important stories in that venue.
I’m a realist, however. Advertisers don’t like it.
I’ve been writing about the drug industry on and since 2004. Doubtless, at some point in the future, I will once again patrol the pharma beat.
I’d like to thank all those of you who read the column on a regular basis. I know there were many of you. I read all your emails, and all your comments, and as many tweets as I can. I will miss our correspondence.
Jim Edwards
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon72219 (12-28-2011), Conductor71 (12-27-2011), Perryc (12-28-2011)