View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 04:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow View Post
I thought this might be easier as a new thread.

Since I'm under 10 days now until my revision surgery, I figured it's time to start thinking about post-surgery. I'm going in on the 5th of January to have my leads moved down because of the painful stimulation I'm having in my stomach and back when it is only supposed to be in my legs. I'm definitely very hopeful that this will work, but I'm nervous too. My doctor said going back in won't be like the first time because of the scar tissue to cut through and that it "will be painful". Hopefully he'll only have to open up the incision where the leads were inserted but he said there's a chance the leads could break and then the other one has to be opened back up too and the leads will have to be replaced. I've tried searching, but there's not much information to be found on revision surgeries. For those who have gone through it, please tell me in all honesty what is was like and how the recovery was?

My spring semester of classes will be starting 5 days after the surgery. I'm also supposed to go up and visit a grad school 2 days after and I'd really hate to miss this opportunity. So I'm just trying to get an idea of how much I'll be able to do after and how bad the pain will be
feb 2011 got first one July 2011 they replaced everything. I got new stim and leads. It was a redo. It is like first time but you know what not to do
good luck ron h
ron h is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (12-27-2011), Rrae (12-28-2011)