View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 03:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I hope you have better luck than I have had getting a dx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChainChomp View Post
As the title says, what procedures should I have done to figure out if I have MS? The only ones I can think of are an MRI and a lumbar puncture, I'm willing to do an MRI but I'm afraid of getting a lumbar puncture because I'm VERY sensitive to pain, I'm even afraid of getting regular shots because of the pain! Will it hurt if I take a pain medication beforehand? What are the risks? Also my parents don't want me to get it done, but if it is absolutely needed to diagnose me, I'm pretty sure I can convince them. Anyways, here are my symptoms: fatigue, lightheadedness, dizziness, trouble solving problems, lack of concentration, numbness in my pinky finger and about half of my ring finger (right hand), double vision, sudden losses of balance, lack of coordination, memory loss, sudden onsets of shaking, difficulty making decisions (poor judgement), difficulty finding right words, I don't know what to call this symptom but its when I'm trying to say a word but I say something else and I'm like "Oops, I didn't mean to say that!". And I get sick with the flu every year, and each year my fever that I usually get with sickness gets even worse. The worst temperature I've ever had was a 102.9. My right hand will "freeze up" and I won't be able to move it. I also have knee pain.

My dad has MS, just in case that fact helps.
Hello, I just joined here & it seems for the same reasons you are here too, how to get dx of MS. I am 150%+ possitive I have it bc of my symptoms that I had way before I ever knew what MS was. Also, I've had 2 spinal taps, 1 was done sitting on edge of a gourney & the 2nd was via live Xray. Definately ask for the live Xray if you have a choice but either way the other wasn't so bad & it is necessary for the dx process. If you notice my profile pic there is a crack in my brain & I wish I could load more pics bc it goes thru MANY layers of the MRI. Also I have Numerous White Spots to Grey shapes in my MRI pics as well as some LARGE Black Holes in my Brain-so I really wish I could add more images-I may change them from time to time. Since your dad has MS you at least have family medical history-I have no family medical history so even with the HIGH Protien in my S.T. & all those things on my MRI images of my brain I still am undiagnosed. I wish I could help you bc I know just how very frustrating it is to get the help we need when we feel so horrible. Good luck to you-I will be praying for you-that you don't have it bc it is so horrible as you probably already know bc your dad has it. It is good you are checking it early bc early detection and dx helps. I am ashamed to say I had no idea abt MS and how much suffering it causes before I got it-Now I get it! I Wish you well!
MS Diagnosed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote