View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 01:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I wonder how my friend, Debbie, is really feeling today? Her sailor hubby, Rick, passed away on Christmas from a brain tumor and, while it was expected, I know it has to be so hard. But she says that she's at peace because she knows that he's at peace. I believe her.

I wonder that she'd asked all of her 'old friends' to write her to give her something else to think about. I wrote her every day just to tell her the funny little things that happen...like when my hubby and I got separated in the grocery store and I was preoccupied with all the cases of ice cream. I felt a man standing beside me and, assuming it was MY hubby, said, "Honey, what do you think of this one?" and this beautiful voice answered, "Well, if you like it, we can get it." and when I turned, the beautiful voice belonged to a beautiful man.....all I could do, at that point was laugh, blush and apologize!!! He, too, laughed! And said that too many choices frustrated him, also!

I wonder how Debbie's children will take all of this; they're younger than my son. And I think that he'd have a horrible time losing his dad. Our little family has just begun to get close again....we've had too much loss.

I wonder what I can do to help her? She lives so far away; there's no chance that I'll see her again. I suppose I'll just continue to write to her.

I wonder that I wish that no one had to lose anyone over holidays. It seems so unfair anytime, but especially so during times when the majority of people are happy....yet I know she'll go on for her grandkids. We're the generation that puts everyone else ahead of ourselves....we 'put on the happy face' for everyone to make them happy.
hippiechick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (12-31-2011), Addy (12-28-2011), Alffe (12-28-2011), barbo (12-28-2011), Doody (01-14-2012)