View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 02:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default HELP - severe amnesia following repeated grand mal seizures

In the last week of February 07 I sustained two grand mal seizures requiring paramedics and an ambulence to the ER. A third happened in my home and was attended by the police and paramedics but I did not go to the hospital.
I never remember the seizures i have had and they are extremely violent - convulsions...
A few days later i was going to town and my life disappeared. I had total amnesia without memory of a single waking moment for about ten dfays. When I came to I was being administered a strong sedative and to my shock I was in apsychiatric ward. My lawyer was reading something to me and asked for my signature. i had no understanding of what was beweing said or done.
I have had a history of TIA's recent to the events iI describe,and a major stroke - with full recovery some years before.
Apparently i had been admitted once before for the ususal 72 hours. A comlete blank. I only learned of this the second time.
I was on autopilot so to speak and have no idea of how I got there or how I was detained at all- for both admissions.
These people did not even cross reference the ER redcords of my seizures just the week before-now about March 7..just three floors below in the same hospital.
My reputation was ruined, my rights rescinded, I lost my job, and my life was endangered and subsequently ruined.
I have not found any reference to such a severe amnesia in all the links I have looked at.
A noted forensic psychiatrist has said that this whole matter was a travesty bordering on crimninally negligent treatment.
I am angered and though some years have passed I wil now seek legal recourse for these backwoods peole who ruined me.
As for any odd behavior i have no idea and if i was incoherent i wouldn't be surprised.
No such incident has happened in m y life ever before.
I am desperately seeking a reference to ANYONE who has sustained such severe amnesia.
These seizures nay have triggered a stroke but that is secondary.
I am on Depakote and have not had a seizure in more than four years.
jojo1031 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote