Thread: Myoclonus
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 03:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Acupuncture for myoclonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by al40 View Post
Hi there, i have just joined this group because i would like to know more about Myoclonus, i have severe tremors in my lower back, but only at night, this can happen between 1 and 6 times a night and last from 10 seconds to 2minutes, it never happens during the day (which is good) I have been to the Doctors and have been sent for Physiotherapy and now a course of Acupuncture, but have not been diagnosed with anything, can you help please.
Hi--I just wanted to comment, if I might, at acupuncture treatments for myoclonus. While most acupuncturists or those that adhere to Traditional Chinese Medicine will tell you that multiple sessions are needed to "cure" or "treat" an illness, for me there wouldn't be enough to ever convince me of going back. As soon as I spasmed, I could feel all of the needles that were in my legs. I couldn't wait for them to be removed--it was like torture. While there is no cure--and trust me when I say that I've (most of us) tried most everything--IMO, I would rely on PT more than acupuncture (though I've heard that acupuncture is excellent for those who suffer from migraines or any sort of pain disorder). Or if you are looking for a less invasive form of TCM, but one that increases blood circulation and oxygen flow like acupuncture, I would go to someone who is familiar with acupressure which is very similar but is non-invasive and does not break the skin barrier. I hope this helped.
Rio1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote