View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 06:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had 8 lidocaine infusions, 300 mg each, between July 2009 and early 2010. It was the first time since my diagnosis with RSD in June of 2008 that I felt somewhat normal some of the time!!

Then on April 19, 2010 I started the 10 day ketamine outpatient protocol with Dr. Getson in Marlton, NJ. The difference was amazing! Ketamine is about 3-4 times more powerful than lidocaine. I stayed with Getson for the first few months for my treatments, traveling from RI to NJ when I needed my infusions. Then a local doctor, Dr. Chopra, began to offer them here. So I no longer need to travel to get my ketamine.

To date I've had 54 ketamine infusions, my current protocol is 200 mg 2 days in a row every 4-5 weeks. I returned to work on a FT basis a year and a half ago.

The very best of luck to you and your daughter! Ketamine changed my life! If you have any questions let me know....

Xoxo Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by accox4 View Post
Has anyone had both of these? I am looking into for my daughter and her current doctor performs the lidocaine infusions, but not ketamine infusions.

If you have had both performed, did they give equal relief, or did one work better than the other? How long did your relief last?
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (12-28-2011)