Thread: Recall Support
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 06:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I got sad news tonight. Tomorrow I will have to make a decision of what I should do. The vet said the newest bloodwork is showing INCREASES in her levels and since they are not decreasing like they should, that means the damage is permanent. It means she is basically on life support, can not survive without the IVs and pain killers. She also has ulcers inside her making her vomit a few times every day. Based on this, it would be a waste of money and lead her only to suffering to keep her alive -unless there is some miraculous miracle, which I doubt.

I am very angry. I am devastated. I can not believe. I can't help feeling guilty. I should have stopped the food last week when I first heard of the recall. Even if it was not on the list & even though the Petsmart manager said it was safe... which it was not and was added this weekend to the list as proof. Bf's mom told me to stop giving her the food, I didn't listen when I should have.

We are thinking of filing a lawsuit. I wish I could fly straight to the White House and camp out in a tent outside, i am so upset. HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN? I just dont understand- if it was baby food, that would be a whole different story, wouldn't it? So, about the lawsuit- do you think that if we euthanize her tomorrow, they will say that the food did not lead to her death? That *I* led to her death since I chose to end it? Does that mean I need to make her suffer (which of course I will not)? Do I need a necropsy to be completed (does anyone know how this differs from an autopsy?)?

I am going to try and get my vet to help me out and write a letter for proof, but when I asked him if he thinks the food led directly to her renal failure, he said that he doesn't see any other explanation and would like to connect the dots and put two and two together based on the recent recall situation. It sounds as though he doesn't want to outright admit it and say yes. He did say it was acute renal failure, which if it were chronic Menufoods would say that it wasn't caused by the food.

I am flabbergasted how the reported deaths are still so low! 15 cats and 1 dog? Yeah right. If you go on yahoo and search for the class action group you will see THOUSANDS of people mourning their pets, some lost MULTIPLE pets at the same time. I am lucky Charley eats another food, even though I am now skeptical about dry food since many unofficial reports of Iams Dry Food are surfacing.

I think I went on enough of a
for tonight. I just love my Lucy so much and I want them to pay for what they have done to us. I don't understand how they can get away with this. And if I have anything to do about it, they definitely won't.
hsiw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote