View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 07:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Anyone use Flector patches?

Since I'm in the process of waiting to get in to see my 2nd pain mgmt. dr. on 1/19 as my current one says he's done all he can do with implanting my two SCS's, he's given me flector patches to help me get through the waiting time. They seem to help by taking the edge off, but I find my husband has to put about a ton of medical tape on them to keep them in place, esp. for through the night.

What experience has anyone had with these? One day I started feeling very bad, lethargic and respiration went down to 6...felt I couldn't get enough breath. I'd been using them for about 3 weeks by then and thought that maybe I'd built up too much medicine in my system (I think they allow one to absorb a NSAID???), so took them off. Seemed to help. About 5 hrs. later started to feel bit better but pain came back, so had to put them back on.

Any advice/suggestions/tips?

By the way, haven't heard a peep from the compounding pharmacy who is supposed to be making up some pain cream for me. Was hoping I could get
away from the flector patches by switching to it, but not sure if they have even gotten the rx. and when I leave messages at the dr.'s office, no one returns my call
fionab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (12-28-2011), Rrae (12-30-2011)