View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 08:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused SCI recovery

In July I had a t12 fracture, my spinal cord was swollen and bruised. My bones are healed and now I'm just waiting for nerves to regenerate. I currently have B&B issues and i'm seeing docs to try to take care of that. I know a combination of nerves need to rework themselves and I'm wondering if regeneration happens one at a time 1mm a day, or each nerve 1mm a day??

I currently have a dropped right foot, my ankle has very little movement up and down. I have sensation/feeling in my legs all the way down to my feet but my calves and hamstrings have been reduced to very little.
Possibility of building muscles while nerves are regenerating??

I used to be in really good shape, healthy eater/exerciser, and now I just don't know what to do with myself. my doctors say I'm doing everything I can but its just that, that drives my crazy. PT 3x a week in the gym, acupuncture, massage therapy, workouts at home, walking (w/cane & AFO), eating well, electronic stimulation, therapy, research & thats about all folks - but I also need adequate rest. I feel really stressed about all of this and don't want to hinder any progress. Any tips?? ANYONE!!!

Thanks,
Lisa
lip26 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote