View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 09:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Right there with u...

I try to stay up and doing stuff during the day, but not being able to do much makes everyday a lot like all the others. It seems the only thing I want to do is get better...but I can't speed up the process at all

In July I fractured t12 in an accident, my spinal cord was swollen and bruised. My bone is healed and now I just wait for the nerves to regenerate, which we all know is a lengthy process.

I'm not accepting anything as the final outcome and will go back to work for the federal government and live by myself + i'm not nuts...

After 5 months, I'm walking with a cane and an AFO on my right leg. I have sensation throughout my entire lower body, just very weak, including muscle atrophy, my left leg is stronger than my right.

I try to stay positive, with the help of my mom who is the best ever. God is my strength, he keeps me going, I have to do this....I cannot give up and neither can u!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDFencer View Post
I just got up from a 4.5 hour nap. It seems the only thing I want to do lately is sleep. Not because I am tired, but because it makes the day pass.

In the last 5 years I have had 2 brain surgeries, 3 strokes and 4 seizures. I was put on disability and lost my job as a corporate counsel. I do volunteer work all over the place, but that doesn't work. I am so sad al the time, worried about money, that my wife will get fed up with me, see me as a burden etc...I just want it to be like it was before.

I still have not been willing to accept the "new" me and hate my limitations. Drs, friends and family all say to not concentrate on what I can't do, but what I can do. It's pretty hard to put the negative behind me when I am constantly reminded of what I can't do. Trying to stand up, walking, carry junk, trying to go through a buffet line when I have to use a cane for the short distance I can walk. If I were to give my life a review I would check me not meeting expectations. Well just crap.
lip26 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (12-29-2011)