Thread: TOS in the UK.
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 06:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD38 View Post
What form of surgery is being performed, is it scalenetomy work or first rib excision?????
Personally I would only opt for the surgery if there was impingement/compression to the artery or vein, neurological symptoms can subside/improve if care and life style changes are made!!!!!! Recovery from first rib excision can be pretty tough going for some..... me especially
I'm almost 4 months post op now and still having to take things easy!
Keep in touch, it helps to chat
Try to enjoy Christmas and enlist as many elves as possible to help with the Christmas prep and grub etc. NO LIFTING heavy shopping bags full of pressies.
xx
I think i am having a scalenectomy!! Scan results have shown impingement to the veins and i have neurological symptoms too. This has been getting progressively worse over the last 3 years i have pain in my wrists, arms and shoulders which gets much worse during the cold weather.
I have been advised by my consultant that this is a relatively easy operation with very little after care needed and should be back to work after 1 week.
As i have had several weeks off work over the last 2 years i decided that i needed to go ahead with the operation to save my job!! I may need surgery to my right side also in the future.

Thanks for your concern. xx
debbietellez is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote