View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 07:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

oh dear lord. This is horrible. My son is on 0.1 mgs of clonodine for his blood pressure and sleep. He went from 157/99 to 118/69. It helps his sleep (not much better, but it helps.)

He can barely walk at night after he takes it with his Klonopin. *which is also part of the reason he takes both, he sleep walks.* I can't imagine a parent over dosing a kid on purpose!

And my pdoc wouldn't dx Wes until he ended up having a psycotic episode at 12 and even then they were cautious. Extreme monitoring and sometimes weekly visits and weekly blood draws.

I guess you just have to have a great psyc team. I feel so fortunate!!

I think this is criminal. UGGGH

Every child, no matter what the illness, can learn coping skills. It just takes alot of very hard work and lots of therapy. Why does everyone think there is a magic pill that will make our kids "normal"? Evil.

Wes was very rambunkious. Very curious. Tantrummy and screamy. And in retrospect, he was halucinating. I would never think to have put him on the meds he's on now when he was 4. Never. Unless a child is a harm to themselves or others, just like any of us grownups, they shouldn't be medicated to that extent.

Oh UGGH.

Last edited by Mrs. Bear; 03-27-2007 at 07:26 PM. Reason: I read the article again