View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 09:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Doctor in Columbia SC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratt4 View Post
Hello everyone. I am a 36 year old who's health for the past 10 years has been in decline. I was finally diagnosed with fibromyalgia and sent to pain management doc who was also a neurologist, in his work up he ordered a MRI of my brain and after 3 months of seeing him and he still had not read my MRI I decided he was not the doc for me. I started seeing a new pain man. doc last month who in reading the reports from the old doc said "I see you have a chiari malformation." Well since this was the first time I heard this I was completely blown away. I have worked in the medical field for years and new somewhat about this but not a lot. Needless to say I was shocked, how could the former doc keep this information from me?? When I first researched chiari I couldn't believe that I every symptom I have told numerous doc's over the years are the basic chiari symptom's! How was this missed?? I am being referred to a neurologist and am wondering why I need to see one, I have had a discectomy at L5/S1 so already have a neurosurgeon, although I am not sure if he has any experience with chiari. So my question is, does anyone know of any doc's in SC or surrounding state's with experience with this? I would appreciate any help or information on this condition..

Hello Pratt4 ....I live near Columbia SC and was wondering who was the doctor that finally diagnosed you with Chiari? ...also did you have obvious herniation of the cerebral tonsils and what were the mm?..I have suffered for many years with almost all of the symptoms of Chiari 1 and have found that it is difficult to diagnose it if there is no obvious herniation of the tonsils. I too am having a hard time finding a doc near Columbia for this??...any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.
Steffy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote