Thread: Acdf c5/c6 ???
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 09:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Joojee

You will know when surgery is right for you. Do not rush into surgery and get fused. I waited more than 5 years until the time was right medically and physically. My MRI showed bone on bone at the C6-C7 but my symptoms were manageable so I waited. Probably should have tried for an ADR back then, but didn't even know they existed. When the pain became unbearable and I could use my left hand or arm at all, I knew it was time. I couldn't even raise my hand without pain in order to put my hair in a pony tail. Driving was painful and difficult. I was working full time as a teacher. I waited too long with the pain. Don't suffer too long.
There are many things that you can do to reduce the pain and help prevent or slow down the progression of the problems. Physical therapy, home traction, acupuncture, many different types of shots, selective nerve root blocks, epidurals, trigger point massage and injections and more.
There are also many types of surgery to deal with 1 level: ACDF (fusion) ADF (artificia disk replacement) and the one I can't remember which you were referring to. Do all of your research now when you have time and hopefully not in too much pain. Good luck and hope you have a happy and painless new year.
frenchfri1003 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
don1956 (06-27-2013), ginnie (12-29-2011)