View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 10:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Ran out of Betaseron story a bit long

Okay...let me set the scene:
1. Been taking shots since 2002
2. Get my shots every month through Medco mail order pharmacy
3. They call me automatically every month to set up a shipment date. They always call me. I never have had to call them.

For some reason the last shipment was set up in late October. I went to look at my shot supply and had 2 left. I checked my closet where I will sometimes store a new shipment until I have room in my "shot drawer". Nothing there. So I go on line and sure enough there has been no activity since late Oct. Now it is December 15. I called them and they said they had to speak to the doctor. So I called my Doc and asked him to call them ASAP. He returned my call to let me know he spoke to them. Then I get an email stating they could not send shipment because they could not get ahold of my doc. Hmmmm. Called Medco again and the lady said everything was fine and I got the usual details on processing orders etc.
Then I get another email stating the shipment would not go out and they were mailing me forms to take to my doctor. WWHHAT?
Now it is December 26 and I leave a message at my doctors office. I call Medco again and the lady gets real snippy with me stating they have send numerous faxes to my doctors office with no response and basically I am S.O.L.
December 27 I get a call from my doc who is furious with Medco and suggests I take my pharmacy business elsewhere. He said they did not want to take any responsibility for the screw-ups. (I also noticed I got some sort of different story each time I called them.) His records show that he was in contact with them 4 times in the last 10 days.

Anyway I was out of shots from December 15 until tomorrow December 30.
I was too afraid to ask the doc what kind of trouble this could cause my system. At least it gives my skin a break from all the pokes. However; I have been feeling far more plasticity than usual. Does anyone think going off the shots for a couple weeks could create a flare or some sort of withdrawl type of symptoms?

If you obsess about things that may happen and they don't come true...then you've wasted your time. If it does come true....then you've lived it twice.
karilann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote