View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 12:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused RFA/Ablations for chronic cluster/migraine aftermath

I am new to Neurotalk and need more information as to what is happening to me.

October 17, 2011 I had my third bi-lateral RFA for Chronic cluster/migraines. Each has been a Godsend with the headaches, but the nerve pain afterwards is excruciating!

This ablation has left me with shooting pains from the lower part of my neck up into base of my skull. My neck is severe to the touch and sometimes swollen. THe shooting pains are about every 2 minutes and unbearable... they literally take my breath away and it is near impossible not to scream out in pain. They start at the base of my skull and shoot up into my head. It hurts worse if I bend over, lift my arms, lift anything over 10 pounds. It is like someone is shocking me with a prod.

The past two ablations I had pretty bad pain afterwards, but this time it takes the cake. My doctor is amazing and very uinderstanding, but nothing has worked! I am on neurontin (which only helps with sleep), Topomax, lidocaine cream and patches, therapy... nothing works. Pain pills do not work... nothing.

Life is difficult, to say the least. I have learned over the years (36 since a horrific auto accident) that pain is a very lonely experience, no one can understand, you are alone with it.

Does anyone have any ideas or experiences to help me? I am desperate.

Thank you, Happygma
Happygma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote