Thread: TOS in the UK.
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 03:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbietellez View Post
I think i am having a scalenectomy!! Scan results have shown impingement to the veins and i have neurological symptoms too. This has been getting progressively worse over the last 3 years i have pain in my wrists, arms and shoulders which gets much worse during the cold weather.
I have been advised by my consultant that this is a relatively easy operation with very little after care needed and should be back to work after 1 week.
As i have had several weeks off work over the last 2 years i decided that i needed to go ahead with the operation to save my job!! I may need surgery to my right side also in the future.

Thanks for your concern. xx
Recovery seems to be dragging along SLOWLY!!!!!!!!!!!
Apparently my surgeon suspects that my hand on the operated side still goes numb during the night due to carpal tunnel..... additional to the TOS.
Will this ever end I wonder????????
I'm scared witless now with the prospect of surgery to the other side ( dx bilateral V/ATOS), but unfortunately it still causes issues for me, such as fatigue and circulation issues!
At the moment I'm only just managing to cope with part time work, 3 hrs/day classroom assisant- and that includes restrictions on picking up heavy equipment.
If I can give any advice......than that would be to put yourself first before any job, whether it be through an employer or at home. Rest is needed, and limitations put in place.
Where are you having your op?
Hope all goes well for you...... make sure you get people in place to help you out with home chores etc, you will need the help. Don't be too proud, recovery can be tough BUT easier if you don't have to keep up with everyday chores.
Best wishes, take it easy!

Last edited by SD38; 12-29-2011 at 03:31 PM.
SD38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote