View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 06:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default First day of taking Citalopram(Celexa), never again.

So I took my first dosage of Citalopram today. I don't think I ever want to take an SSRI again. I feel like absolute crap. After about 3 hours, I became a zombie, I'm extremely depressed, I'm dizzy and my body keeps swaying back and forth even if I'm sitting down, I feel like I'm going to throw up, my stomach is growling non-stop for no reason, chest pain (I think it's my heart), slight headache but head feels like its going to explode and my vision is screwed up. With all this going on, it's causing me to have anxiety like crazy.

The doctor warned me there was going to be some side effects but I honestly didn't think they were going to be this severe. Besides the anxiety/panic attacks that were starting to get better and the brain fog when I do certain things, I was actually starting to feel better. Now I feel like I've been set back.

Edit: Only took half of a 20mg tablet.

Update: It's been close to 6 hours since I took the pill. Still dizzy, especially when I tilt my head. I'm getting little spurts and waves of anxiety. I've got a feeling of being out of touch with reality...only way I can explain it. Still zombie-like. Not diggin' the side-effects at all.

Last edited by SpaceCadet; 12-29-2011 at 09:04 PM.
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (12-30-2011)