View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Kmeb:

This is what the guy from Blue Cross Blue Shield told me. By the way, Alan is on the same plan as me. It's a medicare hmo. With the mediblue medicare advantage plan from Blue Cross And Blue Shield (our plan), you don't pay any co-pays to doctors, there is no co-pay for hospitals and no deductible. When Alan went into the hospital for the ivig, I knew beforehand there would be no co-pay FOR ANYTHING. They have assured me on this.

Now let's get to the home infusion part of the ivig. I called up the medical management department and got this straight from the horses mouth. When medical management approves a home infusion, and it's billed under MEDICAL and not under prescription, ALAN PAYS NOTHING FOR ANYTHING. The key is to bill it under medical and NOT UNDER PRESCRIPTION.

I made absolutely sure about this. I told them we had no money for copays and I asked the person if this had anything to do with catastrophic coverage and the donut. She knew exactly what I was talking about and she said "If you make sure it's billed under MEDICAL, Alan is completely covered for the whole kit and kaboodle and you guys pay NOTHING. That's the important thing. How it is billed and what it is billed under. It has to be billed under medical.

Now believe me, when the home infusion company calls, this is the first thing I will hit on the head with them. If they give me any grief, saying "we are not sure, of this or that', Alan will say "Forget the whole thing". I know him. We simply do not have the funds for this. And because we were told AHEAD OF TIME, that we are completely covered, well if Blue Cross goes back on their word, well the Home infusion company can sue us all they want. We have no assets. But I know that I made this completely clear to Blue Cross and they assured me.

So as far as we are concerned, this whole thing is covered. Now if Blue Cross changes their mind mid-way and gives us any grief, I shall have to shoot them..

Simple as that...........

lol mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote