View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 09:56 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

You thanked me for mentioning Lidocaine infusions in a different thread, but I have no experience with them. I'm familiar with Lidocaine patches and cream--both of which are a good idea, btw.

Ketamine is considered to be one of the best options to put patients into remission that have tried more conservative options to no result.

I have had blocks performed by 2 different doctors. The results were better with the 2nd doctor, even though I was already in a window that many patients no longer see any relief from them. The skill of the doc and the meds used in the block can make a difference.

Many people do get relief from a SCS. It can cause spread though.

My personal opinion is that there are different treatments and medications that work well for different people. It might require a combination of things to get her major relief and/or put her into remission. Finding a doc that is knowledgeable and you are both comfortable with is key.

If you can get her into HBOT, and warm water therapy, before and after she undergoes blocks, or infusions, it certainly can't hurt--and might very well help!
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote