View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 11:11 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Kris,

Anytime you have a tooth removed your bite is going to change because you are now putting more/less force on the rest of the teeth. In addition to this, you know you are grinding/clenching your teeth which alters the bite and causes areas of unnatural pressure.

About a month ago you mentioned that your dentist told you he saw evidence of your grinding habit and that your bite was off. Do you remember that? When are you getting the night guard made?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisPPP View Post
Thanks Bryanna....I am just frustrated since even though I am not in pain per se....I am still having pressure in that upper left side where the tooth was removed. UGH. It is just frustrating and I am just praying it will go away one of these years. I guess I am just a slow healer.

The actual site is doing well...pink and filling in....so why the pressure? It really must be TMJ or clenching/grinding. I need to get that guard made from the dentist asap!!!

Oh...one last detail, my bite does feel off! It seems that my one side of teeth are touching before the other. I think the tooth being pulled put my bite off and the clenching just adds insult to injury. Would this make sense?
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote