Thread: Mg & ms?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 12:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you GrannyJo & AnnieB for the replies, and thanks for the warning about PML. I am aware of that, but we decided that the benefits outweigh the risks. I'm sure I will be going off of the Tysabri once I go to my new neuromuscular Dr.

It is a bit frustrating right now as my Neuro who diagnosed the MG (and pretty much all of the rest of the staff) have left the MS clinic that I have been going to for the last six years. Don't know what happened (politics), but I am now transitioning to a different hospital with a neuromuscular Dr who treats MG. My MS doc will be joining the staff at the new hospital, but I am now in the transition period and technically without a Dr., and my next appointment isn't till the end of January. Ugh!

Anyway, the Mestinon helps my speech (and singing...yep, I do that professionally in addition to my other full time job). I am supposed to start taking the time release tablets at night in addition to the three regular 60 MG tablets I take throughout the day. So I guess I'll see how that goes.
But thanks again and I'll update when I know what course of treatment the new Dr advises.
Jen
jcrawford458 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote