View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 08:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Annie, yes, I had CT scans (or MRIs--now I can't remember which. It may have been both) looking for demyelination before I got my diagnosis of MG.

I don't know how typical this is of MG, but for me the weakness travels around. My neck and the muscles in my sides are stronger (I'm no longer tilting from side to side) these days. But I'm having more trouble with my legs. Often I can walk unless some little thing throws me off balance, and then instead of compensating, I end up on the floor. I mean if I step on a wrinkle in a rug or something like that--the smallest thing. I don't fall, and I haven't hurt myself even though I collapse a dozen times a day, because I go down slowly into a squatting position. Then I have to sit and rest before standing up. The kids sometimes bring me pillows, and once, memorably, one of them simply stepped over me. They're used to seeing me down there, I guess. But it's definitely time for the IVIG, and thanks for posting the link to the Sub-Q Immune Globulin. How interesting! I'll ask my neuro about it.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote