View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 11:34 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Do Drop In (Not)

I know this won't be an accurate "survey" just because we all have chronic health problems, but anyway:

Do people just "drop in" on each other the way they used to back in the old days? We used to have people stop by unexpectedly, and I remember going for rides and hearing Mom or Dad say, "Let's stop and visit so-and-so."

Maybe we're freaks, but we don't really like people just dropping in. Are there exceptions? Of course!! But as a rule, everybody and his dog has a cell phone these days...call and see if it's a good time! In our house, it's often not.

Or at least give us a heads' up so we can be a little more prepared!

I'm not having a very good day (not whining, just saying) and I'm in my nightclothes. Didn't our doorbell ring and I almost had a heart attack. Turned out to be a fellow wanting to leave us a leaflet, but still...he was unexpected, interupted our brunch, etc.

When my parents became elderly and in poor health, it would upset them terribly when someone (other than family) just dropped in. Now I understand why. Not that they weren't usually glad to see people, just wanted some advance notice!

**side note: Snow slides off the roof onto our deck, so before winter my husband ropes off the steps so that people will use the other door. I wonder what the leaflet guy thought as he was climbing over the ropes?

**My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)
Blessings2You is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (01-06-2012), Jappy (12-31-2011), Kitty (12-30-2011), SallyC (12-30-2011)