View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 03:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I urge you to seek a 2nd opinion before letting anyone NEAR a child with an SCS.

Children have a high rate of remission from RSD with the right treatments. Seek out the very best doctors for your child. CHOP in Philly, Children's Hospital of Boston, The Cleveland Clinic, etc.

The SCS has an incredibly high PROFIT rate for doctor's that inplant them. And equally high failure rates for their patients.

This board offers a search option - you can enter the term SCS into the box up in the right hand corner and see for yourself how many have suffered from infections and repeat surgeries after having an SCS inplanted.

Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by accox4 View Post
Lit Love, you're right, you did, however, mention the ketamine outpatient therapy, which went hand in hand with the lidocaine therapy when I started researching it. We went into her dr today & he is starting the pre-auth for the Lidocaine infusions....he does 1-day infusions, not the 3 or 5 day, so hopefully this will work!!!! Unforunately, i cannot find a dr that does the Ketamine therapy that also takes my insurance. Her dr does not seem to enthusiastic about the Lidocaine infusions, because of their short-term effects. He put her on Celebrex today and said if the Celebrex doesn't provide relief or she if she cannot tolerate it and if the Lidocaine infusions don't work, we need talk more about the SCS.
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote