View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 03:32 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Mrs. D.

I hear you. The problem is the parents do not. They rescue, enable and can't see their son in any kind of pain. I have suggested Al anon and they did go to one meeting but naturally they feel "it's not for them" we are not like those people. I told them. "you ARE those people", "You all walk in each others shoes, and you all can gain strength from each other not to just jump at every crisis and let the offender deal with it himself"

Didn't make a dent in their thinking. Loving parents but much to close to the situation. We have all seen and watched countless shows called Intervention but for whatever reason, these people are determined to rescue and save their son.

I've told them. "It doesn't work that way". What amazes me is that this guy is still functioning. All these hospitalizations (and he's a very heavy smoker too).

I guess he's still being very lucky. But I am absolutely amazed that they would release a person the day after they give him a transfusion of platelets.

And he always bounces back. So many many hospitalizations. And of course they all go to the hospital.

They once asked me "What the hell are we supposed to do, not go to the hospital, not go when he calls, he needs us, etc.etc.

That's when I always say "Call up the people at Al-anon and they will walk you through this"

They did and they did NOT like what they were told to do.

So the viscious cycle of enabling begins again.

It really destroys a family, all this toxcity.

Anyway, thanks very much to all of you. Got my answers

Much appreciated.

Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote