View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 04:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Had SCS implant!!

Hello all! The day finally did come, and I have my SCS! Not having a trial, I really didn't know what to expect, but it is truly like a TENS unit functioning deep inside of me. I keep on finding myself saying "It's Wierd" but it is! It's like the pain is still there but it's not getting any worse as the day goes by. Yeah! The rep gave me 4 basic programs while I was in the recovery room, but they all feel the same now. They couldn't get the stim to 2 areas I needed, but one I have hope they might get when I go in one week from now. My incisions aren't too awfully painful - I normally take breakthrough pain meds 1-2 times a day and I'm taking them 4 times a day. I can probably drop that down some tonight. Not bad at all, compared to the 3 other spinal surgeries I've had. This is a piece of cake! I have a question for you all: the rep (Boston Scientific) gave me the charging kit and the remote kit and said be careful not to lose my remote as it costs $1300 to replace. One remote doesn't seem to be enough, especially for something this important. How many remote controls (or controllers) do you all have? Just wanted to see how other people are dealing with it. I'd appreciate your advice.
ElizaJane23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (12-30-2011), ron h (12-30-2011), Rrae (12-31-2011)