Thread: TOS in the UK.
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 05:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbietellez View Post
i'm having my surgery at medway hospital on 16th of jan, i've read quite abit about what to expect the recovery to be like the american information seems very dramatic which worried however both my consultant and nurse have said to ignore the usa advice as they tend to exagerate things somewhat! Both consultants have said it is a straight forward op with very little after care needed and will be able to return to my full time office based job after 1 week following surgery. I believe i am just having a scalenectomy no rib resection but just recently been having alot of pain in my shoulder blades. Has anyone else been put off surgery after reading american info? Debx
I don't think American patients here on these boards are exaggerating their post-op experiences. If you're able to go back to work after one week, it is definitely due to you having just the scalenectomy with no rib resection, as opposed to you not being American.

I am curious why American doctors seem to favor the rib resection to start with. Seems like scalenectomy is the right place to start.
chroma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote