Thread: TOS in the UK.
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 06:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroma View Post
I don't think American patients here on these boards are exaggerating their post-op experiences. If you're able to go back to work after one week, it is definitely due to you having just the scalenectomy with no rib resection, as opposed to you not being American.

I am curious why American doctors seem to favor the rib resection to start with. Seems like scalenectomy is the right place to start.
you're probably right as it appears to be a much simpler op but i'm wondering if my doc is underplaying it at all!! i just hope the scalectomy works because if not then they'll do the rib resection with more time off work. I'm very frustrated by the whole thing tbh and am in alot of pain today, i have had many different tests over the past 18 months and have had to take time off work when this could have been sorted out sooner. My consultant said tos right at the beginning but due to the nature of the surgery i needed other tests to confirm his diagnosis now 18 months later at my pre op assessment he said the surgery is straightforward and a relatively easy recovery and able to drive after 48hours. All this is great i just wish it had been taken of sooner. Sorry for the rant xx
debbietellez is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote