View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 11:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadStrong View Post
Aside from an immediate headache, blurred vision and nausia, the rest of my symptoms gradually started the next evening. For the first week I felt as if I was on some really strong cold medicine (very spaced out). I didn't actually know I had a concussion for 4 days after the accident. The Emergency Department said contusion, the work doc (4 days later) diagnosed concussion. The hard part was that no one prepared me for the cascade of symptoms that I could expect to come. I thought I was going crazy with each new issue. Strange how you can feel so unlike yourself. Glad I found this place!
This sounds so much like me in the first couple of weeks...

One of my main symptoms was a lack of awareness, so in the months that followed, I lived in a horribly confusing, frustrating, and distressing world; but I couldn't process what was going on - or even that it was abnormal. I was only aware of each moment as it was happening. "Waking up" began to dawn about 3 months in.

Partial list of symptoms: (Physical - noise/light sensitivities, balance problems, headaches, sleeplessness) (Mental - brain fog, severe lack of awareness, difficulty expressing ideas - or thinking in the first place!, struggle with simple problems) (Emotional - anger, depression, inability to handle/control emotions) (Social - generally inept - thanks to everyone for allowing me to "practice" some social and communication skills on this forum)

"The person in the mirror wasn't me and I didn't like her either.
But, I looked beyond the mirror and slowly became the person I am." ~ Sandee Rager
katie71083 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote