View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 01:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
I totally agree with you, B2Y. I wouldn't dream of just dropping in on someone. But I can remember my Mom's friends doing it quite often and it never seemed to bother her.

I've put white electrical tape over my doorbell (on the front porch) and how many times do you think folks ring it and then tell me "hey, you've got tape over your doorbell". DUH! It's there so YOU won't ring it! It scares the cats, startles me and a knock does just as well. Don't ring the dadgum bell!
I have one of those doorbells that you put a battery in the part outside with the button and plug the other part in inside. Well, a few years back (right before my second baby was born thankfully) the battery in the outdoor part blew up, so obviously it doesn't work anymore. Well.. call me horrible, but I love it when someone knocks on my door and when I answer it they say, "I've been ringing the doorbell for a while and it doesn't seem to be working". Well.... du-uh, obviously you aren't someone who belongs here! If you were you would know that.

Most people who come to see me know that you give a quick knock as you open the door and come in. Heck the UPS guy even knows that if he doesn't see my husbands truck at home, he delivers the package to him at work so that I don't have to worry about it. He knows my health isn't good.

Some people I want a weeks notice so I can have the house deep-cleaned for them. Others are welcome to drop in any time.
nemsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (12-31-2011), Jappy (12-31-2011), kicker (01-06-2012), SallyC (12-31-2011)