Thread: Mitochondria:
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 08:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Many drugs damage mitochondria. And this subject is now getting more attention because of autism research. So I thought I'd put this link up for interested readers. . . . what is coming out of the new research is that ANTIBIOTICS and other drugs (like statins), can damage mitochondria.
I was reading part of The Magnesium Miracle yesterday to see what Dr. Dean has to say about mitochondria, and spotted a section on statins relevant to this thread:

MAGNESIUM ACTS LIKE A NATURAL STATIN

"Magnesium acts by the same mechanisms as statin drugs to lower cholesterol.

. . .

"Magnesium is necessary for the activity of an enzyme that lowers LDL, the "bad" cholesterol; it also lowers triglycerides and raises the "good" cholesterol, HDL."

Page 90

Trust the medical elite to come up with a damaging way to control something that nature can do without damage!

I was wondering how drug companies can fail to provide adequate warnings. Sure enough, the company making Lipitor has been sued:

"Among the new plaintiffs is a professional airline pilot from Virginia, who claims that permanent muscle and nerve damage he suffered from Lipitor have made it impossible for him to continue flying — ironically, he began taking the drug to maintain satisfactory cholesterol levels to pass his employment physical...

"Also filing suit is . . . a resident of Port Jervis, NY. . . since starting Lipitor in 1999, she has suffered a series of irreversible health problems that she and her family assert were caused by Pfizer’s drug Lipitor. Among the damages she alleges were triggered by Lipitor are peripheral nervous system damage (peripheral neuropathy). . .
NeuroLogic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
adelina (12-31-2011), DejaVu (10-14-2012), mrsD (12-31-2011)