View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 12:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sams, I had 3 car accidents between 1988 and 1993. The car that I owned seemed to have a big red bullseye on it that only others could see! I kept getting knocked in the same direction. Drugs (Soma & something else - can't recall) were first given to me, then I went to a chiropractor. Wrong! He made an adjustment to my neck and it popped so loud that he turned white as a sheet. First & last trip to the chiro. I was in worse pain for days.

Years later, not being able to turn my head, I saw a neurosurgeon, advised that eventually I would need surgery, but in the meantime he suggested epidurals & p/T. He did not perform these, another dr. did. I was given a xanax or valium - can't remember which - prior to the outpatient procedure. No fluoroscopy. During each of the 3 epidurals, he said that I should feel the medication coming out on the right side. I did not - I felt on the left. I was okay when he finished, went home, went to bed and when I awoke I had the most painful headace I have ever experienced - but just on the left side of my head. Called the dr. who said he had never had that happen with a patient, but he did call in medication for the pain. The next day I was okay except just fully drained from the headache pain the day before. In a few days, my neck did feel much better and I was able to swivel around and look behind when backing out my car. All in all, the nasty procedures of the epidurals were well worth the outcome. My neck had not felt that good since before all the car wrecks.

Years now, long since the epidurals have worn off, I still perform the exercises that the p/t showed me. They do help if you perform them consistently. An occasional xanax (as opposed to a muscle relaxer like Soma) helps with tension, which first seems to make a home in my neck. Anything that helps me to relax.

All in all, relaxation and consistent p/t exercises help the most. When the pain is just unbearable, personally, I would go with epidurals again, BUT with a scope, not freehanded.

Just my humble 2 cents..............
seahorse02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote